If you’re considering renovating your driveway, walkway, or patio, you might be having a hard time deciding between pavers and stamped concrete. Each one has its own pros and cons. No matter which way you decide to go, consulting with a credible concrete contractor like Cutting Edge Concrete is a great idea. Large concrete projects such as these are best left to the experts, because there are several factors to think about including:
- What the local concrete city ordinances and rules are
- The type and cost of city permits, inspections, and approvals
- Access to commercial-grade concrete mixing and installation equipment
- Years of experience and knowledge about the industry, laws, best techniques, and best practices
- Physical strength and ability needed to remove, haul, and install heavy concrete
The above considerations are important if you’re contemplating doing the job yourself. If you hire a certified and licensed company, the materials and labor will be guaranteed, and you won’t have to lift a finger. Plus, you’ll be assured the job will be done professionally.
Common questions homeowners ask
At Cutting Edge, we will happily answer any and all questions about concrete pavers and stamped concrete. Here are a few we’ve recently gotten:
- Which lasts longer, stamped concrete or pavers?
- Typically, paving bricks and stones last longer and are more able to withstand more pressure per square inch. They crack less frequently and hold up better to harsh weather conditions such ice, wind, rain, and snow. Q. What is cheaper, brick and stone pavers or stamped concrete?
- Usually, stamped concrete is less expensive than stone and brick pavers. Concrete is cheaper than purchasing individual bricks and stones. Labor and installation are also less expensive for pavers.
- What are the disadvantages of stamped concrete?
- Cracking can occur more with stamped concrete, and when this happens, you’ll need to hire a contractor that match the exact color for patching, which can be difficult. Plus, they are only rated at 3,500-5,000 psi, which means they should not be driven on, so they’re not a good option for driveways. Further, they will absorb moisture, and are not resistant to freeze thaw cycles. Lastly, they need to be resealed every two to three years.
Of course, if you are more drawn to stamped concrete, Cutting Edge can definitely do the job, we just want you to know all the facts before you make that decision.
We perform all concrete jobs
Our team is made up of concrete removal and installation experts, most with more than 10 years of experience. We handle commercial and residential projects, including the installation of driveways, walkways, patios, sidewalks, and porches. Cutting Edge Concrete has performed hundreds of successful stamped concrete projects for property owners in Downriver MI. Many homeowners like the more detailed, ornate look of a stamped concrete patio or walkway. We have access to manufacturers of the latest colors, brands, and designs so you can get the outdoor look you want. And, if you have a cracked sidewalk, driveway, or porch and need emergency assistance, we’re on call 24/7 to assist.
We’ll secure the area and keep it safe until we can remove the damaged concrete and install the new structure. You don’t want to risk having a neighbor or friend falling on cracked concrete, let alone yourself or a family member. We have the equipment, tools, and expertise needed to respond to small and large emergency situations and can take care of the problem quickly. With bigger box concrete companies, you might have to wait hours or days until you get a response. Our company prides itself on prompt, efficient service, day or night. Plus all our labor and materials are fully guaranteed.
We are all skilled professionals
Everyone on staff at Cutting Edge Concrete is a skilled tradesperson and concrete finisher. We place, finish, repair, and protect concrete in engineering and construction projects. We set concrete forms accurately to ensure they have the correct depth and pitch. Once the concrete is poured, we level it so that it will be 100% smooth and less prone to cracking and breakage. We’re proud to be the #1 concrete installation choice of homeowners living in Downriver MI communities. We take care of everything for all jobs, from free estimate and inspection to old concrete removal, new installation, permits, inspections, and cleanup/haul away. You won’t be stuck with a bunch of broken concrete pieces in your front or back yard when we’re done. Your new driveway, patio, sidewalk, porch, or walkway will be meticulously installed so you can drive and walk safely and hazard-free.
Don’t put off sidewalk repairs
If you’ve recently been cited by your local building inspector for a cracked or hazardous sidewalk, you should take care of it immediately. Delaying it can leave you vulnerable to additional citations, fines, and possibly a lawsuit if someone trips and falls on your portion of the sidewalk.
Now scheduling for fall projects
Soon, the weather will be cooler and more conducive to residential concrete projects. While we can do concrete work all year round, we recommend calling us and scheduling your job soon before heavy winter weather hits. Now is a great time to spruce up your home with a new patio, porch, walkway or driveway. It will add value to your home’s worth, making it the perfect home improvement investment. If you’ve been perusing home improvement books or watching programs and have specific ideas or designs in mind for new concrete, we’re all ears at Cutting Edge Concrete. We can make your vision happen and have lots of color choices and designs available. The sky’s the limit, so why wait on your new renovation – call us today at 734-897-0114 to set up your free initial consultation and estimate. We’re the most affordable, friendly concrete contractor in your area, and we look forward to serving your needs.
Follow us on social media and check out our website to learn more about us.